Homework Club Guidelines
Melcher-Dallas Elementary School’s homework club will begin on Wednesday, September 28. Homework Club is an opportunity for your child to complete work in quiet surroundings with elementary staff supervision and assistance. You are invited to carefully consider including this opportunity in your child’s academic program. Please make note of the following important information about Homework Club:
· Homework club is held after school on Wednesday’s from 1:45 – 3:00pm in the library
· There is no homework club on early dismissal days for weather.
· Dismissal from Homework Club is at 3:00 p.m. It is imperative that parents/guardians pick up their student on time.
· Attendance will be taken at each session. If your child will not be attending on his/her regularly scheduled day for any reason, you must send a note to the main office.
· There will be tutor assistance. The primary focus of our homework club will be literacy skills and math.
· If a student has no work to complete, they will be required to do independent reading.
· Misbehaving, not doing work, not coming prepared (with work, pen or pencil), and not being picked up on time are reasons the student may not be allowed to continue in homework club.