Melcher-Dallas High School Alumni:
“Coming together to assist our Community”
- To provide a scholarship funds to graduating M-D high school student attending college.
- To inform M-D alumni of high school, reunion, and community events.
- To maintain a comprehensive list of all alumni members and their addresses.
- To initiate an alumni event at Homecoming each year.
- To provide alumni support and resources to assist with school and community events, if requested.
- Scholarship Fund: Provide financial assistance to graduating seniors thereby increasing the likelihood of higher education achievement.
- Information: Increase and broaden alumni community support and participation through distribution of school event information to alumni members.
- Class Reunions: Maintain current lists of alumni members, addresses, and related contact information as a resource to class reunion organizers.
- Homecoming: Increase alumni participation and visibility in an annual event thereby providing alumni with the opportunity to share in the community experience by staging true “homecoming for alumni” events.
- Connection: Strengthen the ties between the alumni, school and community.
Appoint or elect an alumni board, from alumni and associates, who will head-up the organization and represent the association (Alumni Association), and regulate the following:
- Scholarship fund: Form a Scholarship Committee from alumni association members to organize and implement
Collection of dues from all alumni association members ($10/year).
Annual fund raiser events, at various event, including Coal Miners and Homecoming.
Implementation of a system where alumni could sponsor family scholarships or memorial scholarships.
- Information: Form a Committee from alumni association members to organize and implement;
Gathering of alumni members names, addresses and other pertinent information through exiting school and community resources to create a M-D alumni database.
Distribution of information to alumni via newsletter, email and school website as a means to inform alumni of events.
- Class Reunions: Through the community relations committee provide alumni member listings for use in organizing class reunions.
- Homecoming: Form a Homecoming committee from the alumni association to organize and implement;
An annual Homecoming event, to begin in 2005.
Alumni Association membership to be comprised of the following:
- Alumni: All alumni of Melcher-Dallas School District.
- Associate Alumni: All parents, teachers, community members and friends of the M-D School system who wish to support the association.